Factory 1/65 Roberts Court,
Drouin VIC Australia Victoria
D6 Next Gen Integrated GPS
The Cat D6 dozer helps you move material at a lower cost with a fully automatic transmission, outstanding fuel efficiency and reduced service/maintenance costs. The broadest range of technology features in the industry work together to help you make the most of your equipment investment.
The D6 is legendary versatility you have come to trust, with added performance and efficiency to help you take your business to the next level.
- Machine operation run through will be provided upon hire.
- Victorian Drivers Licence
- Second Form of Identification Required
Recommended Safety Equipment
Extra hours chargeable as per rates.
Extra hours chargeable as per rates.
Charged extra as used. $3.30 a liter (so pays to fuel it up)
Delivery only because we can't guarantee the pick up location
Cant always Guarantee the machine brand but we try our hardest to give you what's shown
|Caterpillar D6 Next Gen
|154 kw @ Flywheel
- Up to 20% better fuel efficiency¹. Uses up to 13% less fuel².
- Fully automatic 4-speed transmission continuously adjusts for maximum efficiency and power to the ground without added operator input.
- Full auto shift up and down entire working range to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Cat Assist and Grade technologies work in the background to help dozer operators of varied skill levels and are especially beneficial to less experienced operators. To demonstrate just how much these built-in technology features help, Caterpillar put them to the test.
- Two novice operators and two expert operators took on slot dozing, truck dump spreading/grading in sand, and side slope work. Each operator completed three runs of each task – one in manual, one using Assist technology features, and one using Assist plus Cat Grade with 3D. The team measured productivity*, efficiency**, completion time, final surface quality, and operator inputs.
- Slot Dozing: Productivity and Efficiency – Novice operators went from 9% lower productivity and efficiency than the experts in manual to matching the experts when using Assist.
- Truck Dump Spreading/Grading in Sand
- Completion Time:Novice operators took 49% more time than the experts in manual and narrowed the gap to 17% using Assist and to 9% by adding Grade.
- Blade Inputs: Novice operator blade inputs were reduced 45% with Assist, and 55% with Assist plus Grade. Expert operator blade inputs were reduced 32% with Assist, and 53% with Assist plus Grade.
- Surface Quality: Novice operator surface quality improved up to 51% using technology while expert operator surface quality improved up to 27% using technology. Novice operators using technology produced similar surface quality to the expert operators in manual.
- Side Slope/Steer Assist
Move More With Less Fuel
- Move up to 20% more material per gallon/liter of fuel used.
- Move up to 5% more material per hour.
- Fully redesigned with updated configurations so you can build just the right machine for the work you do.
- Purpose-built VPAT tractor with optimized balance for grading – no need for rear attachment.
- LGP VPAT design, with 36-inch (915 mm) centered shoes, offers 35 kPa (5 psi) ground pressure.
- Wider blade on the LGP VPAT for high-speed grading.
- Class-leading VPAT range of motion for improved performance, especially when trenching or backfilling.
- VPAT blade remains level when angled for smoother grade.
- Robust push arm dozer for heavy applications with larger SU blade capacity.
- Optional FirstCut™ cutting edges (SU blades) increase blade payload by up to 35% compared to standard cutting edges.
- 10-roller undercarriage option designed for smoother grades at higher speeds, even in difficult surfaces like sand and gravel.
Assist features help make work easier, especially for less experienced operators. Some blade and steering functions are automated so newer operators can work at productivity levels closer to their veteran counterparts. Seasoned operators can enjoy reduced effort and fatigue, along with faster, more accurate results.
- Cat Grade with Slope Assist™ automatically maintains pre-established blade position without a GNSS/GPS signal – no additional hardware or software needed. For machines with 3D, operators can easily switch back and forth from full 3D automatics to Slope Assist.
- Steer Assist automates track and blade tilt steering. Helps reduce operator fatigue by automatically maintaining straight travel with light loads or heavy loads on flat ground and side slopes. Helps reduce steering inputs up to 75%. No GNSS/GPS required.
- Stable Blade works seamlessly with operator inputs to help produce a smoother surface when operating manually.
- Blade Load Monitor gives you real-time feedback on current load versus the optimal blade load based on your ground conditions. Actively monitors machine load and track slip to help you reach optimal pushing capacity.*
- Traction Control automatically reduces track slip to save you time, fuel and track wear.*
- AutoCarry automates blade lift to help you maintain consistent blade load and reduce track slip.*
- Slope Indicate is included in the main machine display and shows side slope and uphill/downhill grades to help operators with slope work.
- Attachment Ready Option (ARO) provides wiring and mounting provisions for dealer installation of Grade with 3D, Accugrade, UTS, or other grade control systems.
- Factory integrated Cat Grade with 3D uses GNSS/GPS to control the blade so you can get to design plan faster.
- Cat Grade with 3D has no masts – low profile antennas are integrated into the cab roof and GNSS/GPS receivers are mounted inside the cab for better protection.
- Automatically follow guidance lines from design plans with Steer Assist 3D. Stay on curb lines, centerlines, bottom of slope, etc., without operator effort. Track steering is used under light loads and blade tilt steering may be added under heavy loads.
- Grade operator interface is intuitive and easier to use: 10-inch (254 mm) touchscreen, Android OS platform, operates like a smart phone.
- All Cat Grade systems are compatible with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica.
- Already invested in a grade infrastructure? You can install grade systems from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica onto the machine.
- The cab is Third Party Grade Control Ready, equipped with CAN interface, harness pass throughs and mounting features to make it easier to install the grade control system of your choice.
Designed For Operators
- Completely redesigned cab for a whole new standard in visibility, comfort, productivity.
- 10-inch touchscreen display with easy-to-use operator interface.
- Grade Control display and main display positions can be swapped.
- Application Profile saves preferred machine settings.
- Distributed cab heating/cooling circulates air more effectively around the operator and helps reduce window fogging/frosting.
- Viscous cab mounts reduce vibration for greater operator comfort.
- Wider air suspension seat has multiple adjustments for personalized comfort.
- Entire armrest adjusts forward and backward independent of the seat.
- Detented thumbwheel on the steering control allows easy speed setting changes
- Ample storage spaces throughout the cab.
Read more on our FAQ page, leave us a message or talk to us today!